Once a month, my password for my network log-in at work expires and I have to change it. It’s always a bit of a struggle to think of something new each time. Some people at work use the same basic word each time and simply change the number on the end. That seems like a cop-out. Where’s the challenge?
On Monday 21st June 2010, my password will expire. I am giving YOU the chance to pick my new password.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply send an email containing your suggested password to me here with NEW PASSWORD FOR JAMES WARD in the subject line.
Passwords need to be between 8 and 16 characters and must contain both numbers and letters.
The closing date for entries is Friday 18th June. Entries must be received by 12noon.
After all the entries have been received, there will be a vote on my blog (if I can remember how to set up a poll) and a winner will be picked.
For one month, following the expiry of my current password, I will type in YOUR PASSWORD CHOICE every time I log in at work. Imagine the thrill of knowing that I typed in a password YOU suggested! It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The prize will consist of one password to be used by James Ward at his place of work for a period of one month.
2. Competition entrants must ensure their password suggestion is their own work and does not breach UK copyright law.
3. Copyright in any competition entries remains with the entrant. They agree a one-off, non-exclusive licence in the winning password.
4. After the closing date, a list of all the entries will be posted on https://iamjamesward.wordpress.com.
5. After the list has been posted, members of the public will vote on their favourite entry. The vote will close at 11pm on Sunday 20th June 2010.
6. The winning password will be used from Monday 21st June 2010 and will be announced that same day.
7. Employees of James Ward are not eligible to enter this competition.
8. Your personal information will not be passed on to any third party.
9. James Ward may email you with news of other competitions or offers.
10. Entrants are limited to no more than twenty-five password suggestions.
11. The prize may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion mounted by James Ward or any third party.
12. Entrance into the competition deems acceptance of all Terms & Conditions.